Monday, October 25, 2010

Fear Fest

Like my good friend Karl has suggested below, I have enjoyed taking part in AMC's Fear Fest. So the other night i sat down cracked open some Coor's and decided to venture into the world of The House on Haunted Hill. Sure I have seen it and enjoyed it moderately, but what caught my attention, was the sequel. The Return to House on Haunted Hill aired afterwards, and though I had never heard of it I was happy to dive right in. Wow, that is all I really need to say. I did not expect much but it had the perfect making for a Halloween scare. I don't think the story was thought out as much, since they kind of just pieced it all together anyway they could. But, the cast was on point. It had all you could want, the nerdy professor, the hot girl who has no idea whats going on but wants to do whats right, the guy who loves the hot girl but is definitely going to get killed, and then basically like a swat team of ghost hunters (who you know are screwed) and a black guy. I enjoyed watching this movie just for the fact that they came up with the most ridiculous deaths I have ever seen. One girl went from having a 3some with two other girls to getting her face diced off by some demented doctor, and then some guy got pulled apart by sheets held by ghosts, I don't know. Anyways the whole time all I could think about was a solution to every horror movie. What is the one thing you see people doing in horror movies? That's right people doing exactly what you expect. If I were in a horror movie I would be what we call "the wild card." The crazy guy who you don't know what he is going to do and quite frankly you don't want to know, that's how crazy the wild card is. I think the wild card may be a solution for all of life's problems out there. The only problem it hasn't solved for me yet is unemployment, it didn't work in the last interview I was in. I slapped a stapler off the guys desk and set my left sock on fire. But I still swear the wild card works. Start using it you will see.
Howard

No comments: